Hi, I’m Eric – a Catholic, a husband, a father (of seven), and an author. I write about what I like, and I like a lot of things:
- My Catholic Faith. I love it, actually. I have been studying Catholic teaching for more than 20 years and hold a Master’s degree in Theology.
- Technology. My undergraduate degree was in Systems Analysis and I spent 15 years in the business world as a software engineer. Although programming is no longer my primary occupation, I haven’t stopped coding.
- Economics. I guess this is where I should mention my undergraduate concentration in Economics, but this list is starting to sound like a transcript. I’m just one of those people who’s always been interested in money and how it works. Which brings me to…
- Cryptocurrency. My fascination with technology and economics is fully realized with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. This is an exciting field which as the potential to really revolutionize our monetary system.
- Politics. Okay, the parallelism breaks down a little bit here. I can’t say I “like” politics these days, but, yeah, I’m interested. If only for the opportunity to poke fun at the stuffed shirts.
- Baseball. Just as Theology is the Mother of the Sciences, everyone knows that Baseball is the Mother of All Sports.
I’ve written two books on Catholic Catholic subjects, a High School textbook on world religions, and a book on the digital currency Bitcoin. I am a regular contributor to OnePeterFive and Bitcoin.com.
You can hear the story of my conversion to Catholicism in the video below. Note that I do open my eyes at least once during the interview.